Category Management: The Key to Business Growth
Next intake: 2020
Category management is a critical function to determine the success of an overall business strategy, and this is especially true in the rapidly transforming retail space. As more consumers move between offline and online platforms, category management helps facilitate consumer experience by optimising store layouts and increasing the appeal of visual display. With proper clustering and centralising management system in place, retailers can efficiently anticipate consumers’ needs, buy more effectively and save significant sums of money in procurement.
Discover how the 8-step category management process helps you to develop win-win partnerships and
build a sustainable business planning framework. Acquire practical techniques to understand consumers’ purchase decision process, learn to leverage data and assess performance, plan assortment, manage store layouts and displays, identify growth opportunities, develop effective strategies and tactics to maximise category sales and profitability.
The programme covers the following:
• Build effective joint business plans with retailers/suppliers to achieve win-win results.
• Use 8-step category management process to manage your business strategically.
• Gain better knowledge of consumers through category segmentation.
• Understand how to use available data to identify growth opportunities and drive continuous
• Adopt effective space management techniques to drive traffic, sales and profitability.
• Learn to set strategies and tactics to optimise assortment, price, promotion and space for
offline and online channels.
Self-sponsored individuals may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay the nett course fee/s.
Singaporean / Singapore Permanent Resident
Enjoy 70% funding
Singaporean 40 years & above
Singaporean / SPR sponsored by SMEs*
Enjoy 90% funding
*Fee is after reimbursement of S$240 via SkillsConnect under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs.
All fees include prevailing GST.
11 Eunos Road 8
Lifelong Learning Institute
Call us: (65) 6222 7477
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org